Nudie jeans is a Swedish brand of jeans (like Acne) which was founded in 1999 by Maria Erixsson, who lives in Gothenburg. The production of the jeans is ethical and no sweatshop factories are allowed to produce the Nudie brand.
Maria Erixsson formerly worked as Artistic Director for Lee Jeans. The Nudie brand specialises in raw and prewashed denim jeans. All their jeans are manufactured in Italy using denim sourced in Japan, Italy, Turkey and the US. Whilst Nudie jeans are a brand of jeans for men, some women like the fit of their jeans. The cuts most likely to be appealing to women are Tight Long John, Thin Finn, High Kai and Narrow Boot.
What styles/cuts are available?
Here is a summary of the styles available in Nudie jeans:
- Tight Long John - tight on legs, narrow ankle, normal front rise.
- Average Joe - straight fit
- Narrow boot - tighter fit, normal waist, bootcut
- Even Steven - regular fit with low yoke and pocket position.
- Boot Barry - straight with an ever so slight Bootcut, waist is normal.
- Slim Jim - straight leg, can be worn low waisted on hips, or tight.
- Grim Tim - slimmer version of Slim Jim
- Thin Finn - a new cut, similar to Slim Jim except with a lower back yoke and back pockets. Narrow bottom width.
- High Kai - very slim fit with a high waist.
- Regular Alf - true bootcut - can be worn tight or baggy. Narrow knee.
- Flare Glenn - can be worn tight or low on hip, can be considered as either a wide boot cut or a straight flare.
Celebrites who wear Nudie Jeans
Zac Efron of High School Musical fame has been pictured in them (just) as we see him sprinting away from the camera.
Nudie Jeans Stockists
There are quite a lot of shops and boutiques that stock Nudie Jeans. In London, for example, you can find them at Harvey Nichols, Interstate, Diverse, Blue Bird, Liberty, Meet Bernard, Selfridges, Tonic and Urban Outfitters. If you live in the North East of England, you can find them at Sarah Coggles in York, or at Cruise, Northern Threads or Union in Newcastle. In Leeds, they are stocked in Harvey Nichols and Accent in the Queen's Arcade, in Manchester Harvey Nichols (again), Selfridges (again) plus Oi Polloi, Steranko (West Didsbury) and Woods.
Where can I buy Nudie Jeans online?
You can buy them at:
- my-wardrobe, who have Nudie jeans for men and women.
my-wardrobe is UK based but delivers internationally.
- Tessuti, a leading online retailer of men's designer clothing. They sell Nudie Jeans, including the Sharp Bengt, Thin Fin, Grim Tim and Hank Ray styles, together with some Nudie T-Shirts. Tessuti are UK based but also offer worldwide delivery.
- Sa-kis, who have a great range of Nudie Jeans for men available online. Styles available at the time of writing included the Nudie Hank Rey Raw Straight Jeans, the Nudie Average Joe Basin Straight Jean, the Nudie Sharp Bengt Loose Raw Jeans and the Nudie Finn Slim Raw Jeans. Other items available in the Nudie range include long and short sleeved t-shirts. Sa-kis offer free UK delivery if you spend more than £60. They also deliver internationally, offering free EU delivery on orders over £120 and VAT Free shopping for customers outside the EU - saving 20%.
- Zalando, who stock Nudie jeans, jumpers, knitwear, t-shirts, beanies and scarves
for men. Zalando offer free delivery, and free returns if the items are unsuitable, to the UK, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Austria and Italy.