The 1921 jeans company is owned and run by a larger Canadian clothing company, Western Glove Works, a less famous name that is also behind other brands of jeans including DVB by Victoria Beckham and Bootheel Trading Co by Sheryl Crow. The man behind 1921 jeans is the experienced denim clothing designer Allan Kemp.
The ethos behind 1921 is to create and produce a range of timeless jeans by jeans enthusiasts for jeans enthusiasts. Only a true denimista can appreciate the quality of the material (only top quality Kaihara Japan Japanese denim is used) and the hand finishing that goes into every single pair. Did you know that every pair of 1921 jeans are hand cut? 1921 want you to be passionate about the style and delighted with the fit.
Some of the details you can find when you buy a pair of 1921 jeans include:
- Original busted side seams to waistband for a flat smooth side seam and original look. Only 1921 busts the side seam to the waistband avoiding the bump on the side seamn below the front pocket, that other busted side seams have.
- Each model of jeans is uniquely identified by the colour of the zig-zag side stitch which reinforces the side seam.
- Back pockets are automatically scaled according to the size of the jeans and are set by hand and not with automatic pocket setting machines.
- The waist band is made of self fabric and treated in exactly the same way as the rest of the jeans material for an authentic appearance.
- The hang tag is made of the same denim as the rest of the jeans, in case patching is required.
- The jeans are stone washed using just water and stones, not chemicals. Delicate areas are washed by hand to let the jeans maintain their inherent tensile strength.
- The jeans "aging" (e.g. whiskering and sanding) is all done by hand using special tools.